Discover why membership of the DHO would be a great idea!
The DHO is one of the oldest and most prestigious ski clubs in the world. Formed by a group of friends in 1925, it took the name “Downhill Only” from Wengen’s advantage of the cog railway to Kleine Scheidegg and the Jungfraujoch. In the days before ski-lifts, the DHO would take the train up and ski down to the villages of Wengen and Grindelwald. The club would ski together and, in the early days of racing, also developed an enviable ski racing heritage.
A similar ethos prevails today. The club ski enjoys skiing around Wengen and the Jungfrau Ski region, with led ski groups most days of the ski season. It also races, with weekly ski races, representation in the Inferno, AICC and runs an renowned racing and training operation, DHO Racing. It also runs the British Schoolboys’ Races.
It’s so easy to join the DHO
Join the DHO today and unlock a whole load of opportunities to make your stay in Wengen the perfect holiday!
You can even try us for a day for free!!. Contact Mark Hughes the Wengen Manager for more details, either during the club office hour 6pm – 7.30pm or by calling Mobile +41 79 259 30 70 (WhatsApp)
The DownHill Only Club (DHO) was established in Wengen in 1925 and is one of the oldest and most prestigious ski clubs in the world. Joining the DHO provides you with a whole host of benefits to make your time in Wengen even more enjoyable and to make your holiday for you and your family one to remember and want to return to Wengen year after year.
- The DHO gives you instant access to loads of useful information about Wengen and the surrounding area- photographs of maps/events etc.
- Our sociable clubroom next to the main station in Wengen is open every evening
- Intimate knowledge of the whole mountain area allowing you to get more out of your ski holiday, more quickly
- Fantastic experienced ski-leading available for the competent skiers- one of the few Alpine resorts still offering this capability
- Amazing family friendly club with facilities and skiing activities for both juniors and teenagers “ My two girls went through DHO Coggins and not only massively improved their skiing but have made other friends for life”- Andrew Robinson DHO member
- Organised ski events to improve junior and teenage skiing with fully qualified teachers during school holidays. Our junior ski clubs (Coggins and Eagles) are renowned for quickly improving skiing abilities
- Organised social events throughout the ski season to meet like-minded skiers and to get the most out of your ski holiday
- Fully organised racing for adults and juniors including support of young professional ski racers
- Discounted insurance and other benefits with shops and local hotels
- Annual journal with news and updates on events and Wengen related stories
Joining the DHO is easy and there are several ways to pay. Remember, the cost of a yearly subscription is less than a cost of daily newspaper. We prefer Direct Debit, but we also take credit cards in resort or cash.
Payable annually by direct debit
|Both over 18|
but under 36
|Over 24 |
|36 or over|
children under 24
* Racing Membership is a temporary membership, to enable an individual to race in DHO races or the Inferno as part of the DHO team; to participate in race training for a specific race, and to use the Club room during that training or on race day.
** Introductory Membership provides an individual with a week’s membership of the Club in Wengen, including use of the Clubroom and a maximum of two days with a DHO led ski group
Other categories provide full membership of the Club.
During the ski season, enquiries in Wengen should be directed to the Wengen Manager, Mark Hughes, at the DHO Office, CH3823 Wengen, telephone +41 338 55 13 75
Otherwise, contact the Membership Secretary, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The old-fashioned entry criteria are mercifully a long-distant memory and today the club has an open and welcoming attitude to new members. The club is sociable and fun, with a love of skiing at its core, although non-skiers are welcome to join too. The mainstay of our members are British, but increasingly we attract from all over the world, with a large number from Switzerland, elsewhere in Europe, North America and as far away as Australia. Membership is around 1,200 individuals, with an age range of 5 to 95! We have couple and family membership discounts and reduced rates for younger skiers.