The Role and Responsibilities of Non-Executive Director
Responsible to: President of the DHO
Summary of Responsiblities: Along with the other Directors, ensure effective direction and governance of the Club within the regulatory framework set out in the Companies Act.. Discharge the role and responsibilities of a Company Director, ensuring financial regulatory compliance. Operate the Board in best long-term interests and prosperity of the DHO by supporting and challenging the direction of its affairs, while meeting the appropriate interests of members..
- Attend Board meetings . Attendance at Main Committee meetings of the club are at the persons discretion.
- Set objectives, define policy and work with the executive team to develop strategic direction;
- Incorporate good governance, ethical standards and a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion into daily activities and ensure compliance of policies, procedures and regulations;
- Ensure the President provides leadership in planning, organisational controls and succession planning.;
- Monitor the performance of the DHO against the agreed goals and ensure present plans and actions provide for the club’s continuity;
- Ensure risk management systems are robust and effective.
- Verifying the accuracy and integrity of financial information. .
- Having oversight of the performance of the Wengen Manager against agreed objectives and targets.
.Revised September 2022