Introduction and Summary
The role of Vice President is an important one. An effective Vice President will be central to the governance of the Club and will assist and support the President by providing leadership, deputising for, and generally overseeing those parts of the Clubs business as delegated by the President.
The Vice President will have a good understanding of the working of the Club and may, as delegated, take lead responsibility in certain areas. As Vice President, exercise the President’s functions as delegated.
- Deputise for the President as required.
- In the absence of the President, preside at Club meetings
- The Vice President contributes to the Club’s activities. To be effective, they should be involved with the work of, understand the policies and day to day operations of the Club.
- Attend the Club’s Board of Directors meetings as a Director.
- Attend all club meetings and AGM.
- Ensure an attendance record is taken with the Hon Secretary.
- Be a regular presence in Wengen during the winter season and liaise with members in the resort to encourage appropriate policies are developed to further the objectives of the DHO.
- Assist the President in his/her full range of duties.
- Oversee the committees and assist committee chairs.
- Attend subcommittee meetings as an ex-officio member and adviser.
- Talk to prospective members of the club, and encourage recruitment.
Whist the above is a broad summary the role will evolve and it is intended as a broad guide. At the end of the day the DHO is an alpine ski club serving its members as we have since 1925.