Experience some of the best ski leading in the Alps with the DHO
Finding high quality ski leading in Europe is becoming more difficult as some of the traditional ski organisations have found it more difficult to provide quality facilities for the more advanced skiers.
Here in Wengen we don’t have this problem as the DHO provides avid Skiers the opportunity for a wide variety of ski leading across one of the best ski areas of the Jungfrau, which includes Wengen, Grindelwald and Mürren. Joining the ski leaders with the DHO will provide you with all the exhilaration you need and leave you wanting to return for more! Look at some of the benefits below that joining our groups will give you:
Highly experienced ski leaders available for all sizes of groups
- Because of the wide variety of skiing you will improve your technique rapidly
- Become an expert in the whole area rapidly
- Enjoy the camaraderie of great groups and fun loving ski leaders
- No need to worry about getting lost or not getting the most from your holiday on Day 1
- Find the best places not just to ski, but also enjoy lunch on the mountain
- Finish your day off with a visit to our special clubhouse in the center of Wengen
- We take real care with mountain knowledge and your safety is always paramount.
Table of Contents
Skiing with the group is free for DHO members. Non DHO members are welcome to join the group for an introductory day to see if it is for them. Contact Mark Hughes the Wengen Manager for more details, either during the club office hour 6pm – 7.30pm or by calling Mobile +41 79 259 30 70 (WhatsApp)
For more days Join the DHO for just £90 a season!
Members are expected to pay for their own ski passes, lunches, equipment and any other incidental expenses. A disclaimer needs to be filled in and signed before skiing with the group.
The regular Ski Leading weekly schedule
- Sunday, 09:30am – Get your ski legs back A gentle start to the week, steady pace Kleine Scheidegg or Mannlichen
- Monday, 08:45am – Building the pace and the distance Mannlichen – Grund – Kleine Scheidegg
- Tuesday, 08:45am – Exploring more – First or Murren Possibility for off piste, depending on conditions
- Wednesday, 08:45am – Exploring more – First or Murren Possibility for off piste, depending on conditions
- Thursday, Race Day – DHO Members race day (register Wednesday evening 18:00 – 19:30)
- Friday, 08:45am – Ski Leading and also possibility Off Piste with a Mountain Guide (Cost of hiring a guide shared between the group)
- Saturday – Ski Leading or Avalanche Training upon request
Our groups typically have a range of skiing abilities but the guide will ensure no one is left behind. The minimum standard is to be able to ski a red with reasonable.
If you are interested in finding out more about the DHO and what we offer, call into our clubroom near the railway station above the Eiger restaurant.
Non members can register at the DHO for a free trial day 18:00 – 19:30
The ski programme is flexible; members are welcome to discuss options with the Wengen Manager.
In the event of bad weather/snow conditions the programme will be subject to change.
All persons wishing to ski with the DHO are required to have insurance, including 3rd party liability.
Wengen Manager +41 79 259 30 70 (Mark)
Find out more
To find out more, just fill in the simple form below and let us know your ski-level and main requirements and we will be right back in touch!
Meet the Team
The role of DHO Ski Leaders
All of our ski leaders are very familiar with all of the slopes around Wengen, they help out the DHO Wengen Manager in a variety of ways. The most important of these is acting as a ski leader, the next most important is as a race assistant, of course they also represent the club within Wengen and the surrounding area.
With both the Wengen Manager and a Ski Leader, the DHO is able to offer it’s members a variety of led skiing options, during busy times or when there is a significant difference in what sort of skiing members want to do, we offer two skiing groups each day, thus one group may head off for an off piste day whilst the other has a more leisurely time on piste. Sometimes we find that we have enough members to need two groups in which case whilst covering the same general area we may split the members into those who wish to go fast and those who don’t, often meeting up at a restaurant for lunch.
Every Thursday during the Ski Season and occasionally on other days the DHO organises a number of Ski Races, the Ski Leader typically assists the Wengen Manager with the setup and running of these races, but since such races are typically in the morning they may be available to ski with after the race.
Want to be a Ski Leader for the DHO ?
We are always looking for potential new ski leaders, if you think you might be up for the role please contact the DHO Wengen Manager for further information.